◦ Walk some of the “HighLine” (starting around 27th St, walking south)
◦ Then do Chelsea Market
◦ Then stroll a bit in the Meat Packing district
◦ Then head into the West Village: walk down from 14th St. along 9th Ave, you’ll see the small park at 12th St, then walk the length of Bleeker St.
◦ When you hit the NYU area, divert over to Washington Square Park.
◦ Then walk south into Soho along West Broadway from Houston, then go up and back along Prince and Spring, crossing Broadway as you go.
◦ Union Square is always great too and esp. for the annual Christmas Market – great atmosphere to check out. When you’re done, get some food across the street at Republic (try the grilled pork chops/sashimi salad).
That’s good for one (really full) or two days.
More classic touristy:
◦ If you’ve never seen Times Square, it’s worth a visit. But don’t spend much time in Midtown – just maybe see:
o Times Square
o Some of Fifth Avenue
Ready to Experience Like a Local?
Ready to explore the secret spots? Need expert advice from locals? Screaming for fully baked itinerary? Go to Wander Like Me for self-guided travel plans.
Wander Like Me creates authentic, accurate and affordable travel itineraries for the modern-day traveler, written by locals, so you can plan your trip seamlessly in seconds.